Valentine Quotes and Sayings
Valentine's Day is a perfect occassion to slip your sweetheart a romantic quote.
Get some inspiration from our member submitted romantic love quotes.
For Valentine’s Day, there’s nothing more special than writing something to your loved one as a reminder that you love them. It is a romantic gesture that is sure to be appreciated. If you write a Valentine card or short story or even try your hand at a bit of poetry, using some valentine quotes to help enhance it can be useful. Even if you are not the creative sort, just gathering a collection of your favorite valentine sayings and making them into a keepsake book for your loved one will be a great gesture. It’s romantic and shows you put forth effort into making something and not just buying the old stand by of flowers and chocolates.
Valentine quotes can be used for a variety of purposes. Some can actually be quite humorous. If your sweetheart has a great sense of humor, consider some of these funny valentine quotes.
Funny Valentine Quotes:
* Love is like an hourglass, with the heart filling up as the brain empties. -Jules Renard
* Love is a grave mental disease. -Plato
* You can't put a price tag on love, but you can on all its accessories. -Melanie Clark
* No matter how love-sick a woman is, she shouldn't take the first pill that comes along. -Joyce Brothers
* All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt… -Lucy Van Pelt, Peanuts
These funny valentine quotes can be used as cards or as a quick tag on a particular gift. If you are more about traditional romance, though, more romantic valentine quotes may be just what you need. Try some serious valentine quotes like these.
Romantic Valentine Quotes:
* All, everything that I understand, I understand only because I love… -Leo Tolstoy
* At the touch of love, everyone becomes a poet… -Plato
* I love thee with the breath, Smiles, tears, of all my life… -Elizabeth Barrett Browning
* Who, being loved, is poor… -Oscar Wilde
* For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart… -Judy Garland
When you think about valentine sayings, consider some of your favorite poems, novels, celebrities, entertainers and musicians. Everyone loves and those who are artists tend to express it in the written word more often than most people. If you can come up with your own pithy sayings as valentine quotes, then that is great. But if you can not, taking a few quotes from those who came before us is also perfectly acceptable. Just make sure you give credit where it is due when borrowing valentine quotes.