Top Ten Wedding Gift Ideas
Weddings are joyous events and if you are invited to one, you'll want to bring a wedding present in order to help the bride and groom celebrate their special day and get them started in their new life together.
If you don't know what they need or want, here are some go to ideas that will be sure to please any couple starting off:
1. Registry – Most couples register at their favorite department store for their china and silver patterns as well as household items they may need. This is a perfect opportunity to be sure you get them exactly what they need and want.
2. Holiday items – When couples get gifts they usually tend to get a lot of every day household items as gifts. For couples just starting out, this is great. However, when it comes time for holidays they may find they have to spend a lot of money on decorations because they have none. A gift of holiday items will get them started even if they will not need to use it for a few months.
3. Hotel room – Splurge to purchase a night of the honeymoon suite or give a gift certificate for a romantic evening in a lush hotel room they can use when they need to get away for awhile. This is a great gift that will be highly appreciated.
4. Money – What new couple starting out doesn’t need some extra cash? This is a perfectly acceptable gift, especially for the younger couples. They can use it on their honeymoon or in their new home.
5. Books – If a couple likes to read, give them a collection of literature they will like for their home library. This is a unique gift that will enhance their home and bring them many hours of entertainment.
6. Picture frames and albums – Between the pre wedding parties, the wedding and the honeymoon there is sure to be an abundance of pictures taken. Give them a collection of different sized frames and albums to store their mementos and arrange in their new home.
7. Season tickets – Is the couple a fan or sports or the theater? Season tickets to their favorite venue are a great gift idea that will allow them to enjoy an entire season of fun without spending a lot of money.
8. Wine – If you want to give them a bottle, look for something they will enjoy that is top of the line. They can drink it on the honeymoon or wait until their first anniversary. Alternately, if you know they enjoy wine, try a wine of the month subscription where they get to sample a new wine every month for a year.
9. Picnic basket – They just got married so they are sure to remain romantic for awhile. A picnic on the beach or in a park is a great date idea. Giving them a fully stocked picnic basket with chine, flatware, accessories and a bottle of wine is a great way to allow them a few special dates after the wedding.
10. Spa day – Weddings can be very stressful on a bride and groom with the rigors of planning all the details. After the wedding, let them relax with his and her spa days. It will allow them some together time while being stress free for a day.
Visit our gift shop for some great wedding gifts and ideas!