Top 10 Holiday Gifts
Ready to make your holiday shopping list?
While there are endless choices and each person you’re shopping for is unique, there are some tried and true gifts that are guaranteed to knock their stockings off.
Here's the Top 10 Holiday Gifts this year:
1. Diamond Earrings - Make no mistake; this is the brass ring of all Christmas gifts for the lady in your life. There are any number of gifts you can give, but if you have the budget, diamond earrings are a surefire way to be crowned King of Christmas this year.
2. MP3 Player - Everyone needs an MP3 player. Even if your loved one has one already, they may appreciate an upgrade. They’ll be able to use it all the time and think of you while enjoying their favorite music.
3. Video Game Consoles - We’re all kids at heart when it comes to video games. Xbox, Wii and PlayStation make great gifts for men and women who love to unwind at the end of the day by playing NFL football or killing a few thousand space aliens.
4. Watches - A watch is both a practical and meaningful gift; something that can be treasured for their entire life and used on a daily basis. Prices of watches vary from less than $100 to several thousand dollars—but you don’t have to spend extravagantly to give a watch that will be loved and cherished. Be sure to buy a quality piece from a company with an excellent reputation and a good warranty.
5. Cashmere - Cashmere is one of the most luxurious fabrics in the world. Made from the wool of Cashmere goats, it is soft, beautiful and used in the finest sweaters, hats and accessories you’ll ever find. The gift of Cashmere will last a lifetime with proper care and it’s an affordable luxury that will show your loved one just how precious he or she is to you.
6. Flat Screen TV - The flat screen television is the man’s equivalent to diamond earrings. There is no man on earth who wouldn’t thrill to find a plasma television waiting for him to open on Christmas morning. Just be sure to do your homework before investing in a TV—read consumer reports and customer reviews to make sure you’re getting what you pay for.
7. Perfumes/Cologne - Perfume and cologne are among the most popular gifts during the holidays. Some people love to try new scents, but be careful about giving a perfume to someone if you aren’t completely comfortable with their tastes. Just because you love the scent doesn’t mean he or she will want to be wearing it every single day. Another option is to find out the other person’s favorite perfume/cologne and buy them personal care items from the same scent line. Most popular scent lines include body wash, shampoo, talcum powder, and lotion.
8. Handbags - Handbags are among the most popular fashion items and most women have at least one bag on their wish list. Each year designers come out with hot new styles, and nothing beats opening up the most popular bag of the season on Christmas. She won’t be able to wait to show it off.
9. Cookware - Cookware has a practical side, but for foodies, it’s also a great gift. I’m not just talking about a set of pots and pans, here. There is some amazing cookware, bake ware and serving pieces by famous makers like Le Crueset, Williams & Sonoma, and Oneida which will give your loved one everything he or she needs to go crazy in the kitchen.
10. Gift Cards - Gift cards are not nearly as impersonal as some people think they are. If your loved one is really hard to please, sometimes a gift card is the perfect solution. Why pretend that you’re going to find the perfect gift? Make it easy on both of you and let them shop for themselves.