Top Ten Romantic Beaches
Whether you are looking for a honeymoon destination, anniversary trip or simply a vacation getaway with your significant other, the top ten romantic beaches in the world are sure to give you some ideas as to where to go.
These are our top picks for romantic beaches that are perfect for a romantic trip for two:
1. Pink Beach, Harbour Island, Bahamas – This beach is world renowned for its pink sand, the perfect backdrop for romance. The water is clear and you get all the Bahamas have to offer in terms of fun, shopping and night life.
2. Green Sand Beach, Hawaii, USA – Pink sandy beaches in the Bahamas are one thing but Hawaii even has a green sandy beach made of crystals. This is a small beach made more for wading and snorkeling than swimming. But its secluded area is perfect for a day of romance. You have to take a bit of a hike to get there but that will help you work up an appetite for a beach side picnic
3. Matira Beach, Bora Bora, Tahitian Islands – This beach boasts beautiful sand and clear water with plenty of tropical fish to see while snorkeling. It is the ideal landscape for a lazy day at the beach enjoying the sun.
4. Praia da Ingrina, Sagres, Portugal – If diving is your thing; this beach is perfect for you. It is a tiny beach surrounded by cliffs and monoliths that create a breathtaking view. Swim in the perfectly clear waters and relax with each others company.
5. Promenade des Anglais, Nice, France – France is about as romantic as it comes and this beach is lined with quaint shops and cafes for the most sophisticated of couples.
6. South Beach, Florida, USA – South Beach is famous for its nightlife and fun. This destination is especially well suited for younger couples who want to play all day and all night too.
7. Majahuitas, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico – Have the staff bring you a fruity drink on the beach while relaxing or take an adventurous snorkel with your loved one. This beach has the additional unique characteristic of being eco friendly with solar casitas. The surrounding jungle is gorgeous and perfect for some exploration.
8. Hayman Island, Australia – This private resort on the Great Barrier Reef provides luxurious accommodations and services for a romantic interlude filled with pampering and adventure. The island is filled with beautiful greenery and wildlife.
9. Flamenco Beach, Culebra, Puerto Rico – If you are not much of a swimmer but love the water, this is a great place to enjoy the best of the beach. The water is shallow for several feet out allowing you to frolic while staying comfortable. Share the sand with the lizards and relax and enjoy one another.
10. East Hampton Beach, New York, USA – This is a perfect romantic beach that is lined with shops, estates and public golf courses. Perfect for the active couple looking to have a romantic time and stay busy.