Top 10 Homemade Christmas Gift Ideas
Homemade Christmas gifts are a great way to be kind to the budget as well as to show you put effort into a gift. It can also be a very relaxing and enjoyable past time for you.
Friends, family and your loved ones will all appreciate the effort put into making homemade Christmas gifts. It is not only thoughtful but shows you care enough to spend time on them. If you are looking for some ideas, here's our list of top 10 homemade Christmas gift ideas:
1. Cookies – Holiday cookies are a staple at this time of year and appropriate for everyone and make great Christmas gifts. Neighbors, coworkers, teachers, children, friends and relatives will all appreciate the gift of holiday cookies and they are also fun for the entire family to bake.
2. Ornaments – A personalized ornament can be a fun craft project and also show someone you love that you care. It will be a cherished keepsake for years to come.
3. Picture frame – Everyone has pictures they would like to put up and during the holidays there is a tendency to get more. A picture frame that is designed and decorated specifically for the recipient is a great memento and can be enjoyed year round.
4. Garden stones – What better way to reward the gardening enthusiast in your life than a hand made garden stone? This decorative stone can be used for children’s or grandchildren’s hand prints. It can also be used as a romantic gesture by engraving a love quote.
5. Jewelry box – Men and women alike would love to have a place to house their jewelry and trinkets. There are kits available to make them or if you are handy, you can make one from scratch. Another option is to buy a plain box and use various decorations to customize the piece.
6. Wreath – This decorative item can be used during the holidays on the front door or in the home. Your personal touch will ensure it is a special gift and you will be thought of fondly each holiday season.
7. Candles – Candle making is a really fun activity and can be cost effective if you use them a lot. Make plenty in different colors and scents for holiday presents. Make sure to have extras on hand for unexpected Christmas gifts.
8. Magnets – Everyone has items they want to attach to the refrigerator and magnets can be a great way of giving a trinket to someone. You can make a photo magnet or design a unique character. Whatever fits the personality of the recipient will be appreciated and afford a useful and fun gift.
9. Jewelry – Jewelry making and beadwork can be a very rewarding hobby. You can make costume jewelry for all of your friends in fun designs.
10. Poem – One of the most romantic homemade gifts is the gift of creativity in the form of poetry. This time honored tradition will show just how romantic you are and your love will hold it dear forever.
Use our list of top 10 homemade Christmas gift ideas or come up with some unique Christmas gifts on your own that can easily turn into your own family Christmas tradition!