Top Ten Holiday Romance Ideas
With the hustle and bustle of the holiday season, it is sometimes difficult to make time for your significant other. There are gifts to buy, parties to attend, company functions to appear at and family politics to navigate.
The holidays can be a fairly stressful time in someone’s life. But, don’t let the person you love fall by the wayside. Make some time and effort to put them first and add a little romance to your life as well as your partner’s. You will both appreciate the results.
1. Propose – The holidays are a great time to propose marriage to the one you love. This is especially true if your loved one is close to friends and family. You can allow them to share in your joy during this special occasion and it will be a time never forgotten.
2. Ice skating – Holding hands among the skaters as you glide across the ice feeling the cool air hit your skin. What more timeless and romantic an activity is there during the winter months? Make sure to stop to share a cup of cocoa as you rest.
3. Christmas lights – Taking a drive to see the neighborhood Christmas lights are a great way to get out of the house and enjoy the season. Gram a thermos of hot chocolate and drive slowly through neighborhoods to compare the decorations and lights on the houses.
4. Picnic by the fireplace – A crackling fire is romantic in itself. During the holiday season with the house decorated, it can be especially festive. Make a picnic and sit by the fire talking, cuddling and enjoying a bottle f wine for an intimate evening together.
5. Home spa – Surprise your sweetie with a drawn bath complete with relaxing oils and candles. Add a glass of wine or their favorite cocktail and you have the makings of a romantic and intimate evening of luxury.
6. Romantic dinner – Whether you take your love out or make dinner at home, taking some time from the hectic busy holiday season to make time for one another is perfect. Get dressed up and enjoy a nice dinner in a romantic setting.
7. Christmas movie – Some of the classic Christmas movies are perfect for setting the mood. Whether you enjoy a light hearted comedy or a feel good romance, this is a great way to relax and enjoy the holiday season together.
8. Decorate the house – Decorating the house, hanging the lights and trimming the tree together can bring a couple closer. At the end of the time, you can look back at your work and have some fond memories. Don’t forget to take some pictures so you can always remember the fun time you had.
9. Make cookies – Bake and decorate some holiday cookies. This is not only a fun past time but can also lend a great midnight snack when you are done. Have a contest to see who can come up with the most creative and romantic cookie decorations.
10. Make ornaments – Ornaments commemorating your time together is a great way to be closer. Create photo ornaments or personalized ornaments with the year and your names on it. These time honored traditions can be repeated every year to establish a fun and romantic holiday ritual.